Setting Up Okta Single Sign-On (SSO)
In this page we will see the process of setting up Okta SSO with Codefresh. For the general instructions of SSO setup see the overview page.
Setting Okta as an Identity provider
- Log in to your Okta account. If you don’t already have one, you will need to create one.
On the general Okta dashboard, click Admin. This takes you to the Okta Admin Dashboard.
Using the list of shortcuts at the right-hand side of the screen, click Add Applications.
On the Add Application page, select Create New App.
On the Create a New Application Integration pop-up window, select Web as the Platform for Codefresh application, and choose OpenID Connect as the Sign on method. Click Create to proceed.
- You will now create your OIDC integration. On the General Settings page, provide the following:
- App name (e.g. Codefresh)
- App logo (optional). Feel free to download and add this picture
- Login redirect URI:
https://g.codefresh.io/api/auth/<your_codefresh_client_name>/callbackyou’ll be able to extract your Codefresh client name a bit later in the process so we’ll need to come back to this and update it again - for now please use a temp value such as
Click Save to proceed.
- Go back to the SSO settings screen described in the first part of this guide inside the Codefresh GUI.
You need to enter the following:
- Display Name - Shown as application name in OKTA
- client id - your OKTA application client ID (see below)
- client secret* - your OKTA application client secret (see below)
- Client Host - your OKTA organization url (e.g
https://<company>.okta.com). Keep in mind you don’t copy it from the admin view (e.g.
https://<company>-admin.okta.com) because it’ll not work.
- Access Token (optional) - OKTA API token that will be used to sync groups and users from OKTA to Codefresh. The token can be generated in OKTA by going to the security tab->API (see below)
- App ID - your Codefresh application ID in your OKTA organization that will be used to sync groups and users from OKTA to Codefresh. This ID can be taken by navigating to your Codefresh APP in OKTA and copy it from the URL (see below)
- Once you save the Identity provider, Codefresh will assign a client-name to it which identifies the SSO configuration. Note it down.
- Go Back to your OKTA Application General Settings and update the following 2 configurations with the client name generated by Codefresh:
- Login redirect URIs -
- Initiate login URI -
This concludes the SSO setup for Okta.
What to read next
See the overview page on how to test the integration, activate SSO for collaborators and create sync jobs.