Create the codefresh-guestbook application
Now that you have created all the resources for the application, you can create the application in Codefresh.
For the quick start, you will create the
For detailed information, see Create an application.
Before you begin
Create resources for codefresh-guestbook application
- In the Codefresh UI, go to the Applications dashboard.
- Select Add Application on the top-right.
- In the Add Application panel, add definitions for the application:
- Application name:
codefresh-guestbookfor the quick start.
- Runtime: The runtime to associate with the application,
hosted-runtimefor the quick start.
- YAML filename: The name of the application’s configuration manifest, assigned on commit to Git. By default, the manifest is assigned the application name.
- Application name:
The application definitions cannot be changed after you continue to the Configuration settings.
- Select Next to go to the Configuration tab.
By default you are in Form mode. You can toggle between the Form and YAML modes as you define the application’s configuration settings.
- Define the General settings for the application:
- Repository URL: The URL to the repo in Git where you created the YAML resource files for the application.
- Revision: The branch in Git with the resource files.
- Path: The folder in Git with the resource files.
- Namespace: Optional. For the quick start, Codefresh will create a namespace for the application,
- Sync Policy: Change to Automatic, and select Prune resources to automatically remove unused resources.
- Sync Options: If you defined a namespace, select Auto-create namespace to ensure that the namespace is created if it doesn’t exist.
- Retain the default Advanced Settings.
- To commit all your changes, select Commit.
The Commit form is displayed with the application’s definition on the left, and the read-only version of the manifest with the configuration settings you defined on the right.
- Select the Git Source to which to commit.
- Add a commit message and then select Commit at the bottom-right of the panel.
You are directed to the Applications dashboard.
You may have to wait for a few seconds until the application is synced to the cluster.
- Select the application, and then click the Current State tab to see all the resources created for the application.
The final step is to make a change in the application manifest to enforce a rollout.